- Cable Construction and Dimensional Testing
- Conductor Resistance Testing
- RoHS Compliance Testing
- Cable Insulation Tensile Elongation Measurement
- Shrinkage Tests for Cable Insulation
- Cable Hot Set Testing
- Cable Pressure Testing High Temperatures
- Cable Heat Shock Testing
- Cable Insulation Resistance Testing
- Vertical Flame Test
- Smoke Density Testing for Cables
- Cable Cold Bend Testing
- Cable Cold Elongation Testing
- Gas Emissions Testing for Cables
- Cable Spike Testing
- Cable Tensile Testing After Ageing
- Sheath Resistance Testing
- Mechanical test for Flexible Cable
- Cord Bend Testing
- Cable Snatch Testing
- Cold Impact Test
- Shore A Hardness Cable Testing
- Flex Test for Lift Cables
- Cable Solder Ability Testing
- Thermal Stability Cable Testing
- Crimp & Lug Testing
- Cable Ozone Resistance Testing
- VLF Testing for MV Cables
- UV accelerated Weathering Testing
- Over-Sheath Continuity Testing
- Oil Immersion Testing
- Static Flexibility Testing
- Wear Resistance Testing for Cables
- Water Resistance testing - Mechanical properties of sheath after water immersion
- Heat Resistance Testing for Textile Braids
Flex Test for Lift Cables
Given the type of installations and equipment where lift cables are used, they need to be able to withstand constant and rapid movement and flexing without failure. This test is specifically designed to replicate that rapid back and forth flexing under electrical load to determine their suitability for the task.
The test apparatus sees two carriages mounted at the same height, with the cables attached to them moving horizontally towards and away from each other in simple harmonic motion. Both the carriages travel at the same speed, up to a maximum relative acceleration of 4m/s2. The test criteria states that the cable must complete 1500 +/- 10 cycles per hour, with a cycle being determined as moving from the outermost position to the innermost position, and then back to the outer point again.
The test is conducted over an extended period of time, with the cable subject to 3 million flexing cycles in total. The test is interrupted once per week to perform a high voltage test on each of the cable cores, with any flash-over or insulation breakdown regarded as a failure.
It is only after the 3,000,000 cycles are complete on the flex test, and where there are no open circuit failures on any of the conductors, that the lift cable can be considered to have passed the test.
Call Sales on +44 20 7241 8787
Click to Email Us We will reply within 3 hours
Technical Hotline +44 20 7241 8500
About Eland Cables
Established in 1975, Eland Cables is a supplier of power, data, instrumentation and control cables and cable accessories to the world's most demanding industries and to some of its most prestigious projects. Our reputation is built on an unswerving focus on quality, technical expertise and customer service.
Our focus on quality has resulted in our in-house specialist cable testing facility securing the ISO 17025 accreditation. This certifies the competence, impartiality and performance capability of our laboratory and its evaluations. In turn, it means peace of mind for our customers with regard to the quality of the cables they source from us.
Our highly-qualified technical team is on hand to provide technical support with all aspects of cable selection, technical specification, regulatory requirements, and bespoke cable design and manufacture.
We are a key contributor to projects in over 100 countries every year, adding value through comprehensive technical support, reliable logistics, innovative solutions, and a customer-centric approach.
The Cable Lab®
UKAS-accredited specialist cable testing laboratory
The Cable Lab® our in-house cable testing facility, is UKAS-accredited to ISO 17025, which is the single most important standard for calibration and testing laboratories around the world. Accreditation to this international standard demonstrates our laboratory's technical competence and the accuracy of its results.
For our customers, it means peace of mind. They can have full confidence in the quality of our products and can demonstrate due diligence in selecting their cable supplier.
Our customers can also rely on the Cable Lab's services for an independent, objective and comprehensive quality assessment of cables procured from third parties.